Our mission is to bring valuable solutions to our clients through exceptional service, by developing our associates, and contributing to our community & profession.
In 1922, James D. Pond began as an accountant in the First National Bank Building in Vicksburg. He operated J.D. Pond Auditing Company out of the same building for years to come. In 1958, James D. Pond passed away, leaving the legacy to accountant, David L. May, who married Pond’s grand-daughter, Martha.
In 1962, Raymond B. May, joined his brother David, at J.D. Pond Auditing Co. In 1964, the Firm changed its name to May & May, with accountants David L. May, Raymond B. May and Paul Heinmiller. Kenneth E. Hicks joined the firm in 1970.
After many name changes throughout the years, in 1984, May & Company, LLP was named, consisting of David L. May, Raymond B. May, Walter T. May, Kenneth E. Hicks, Chester H. Redditt, Jr., Jack W. Palmer and Robert Holman. Through all the name changes, the office still remained in the FNB Building.
May & Company built its office in 1989 at 110 Monument Place, Vicksburg, Mississippi, which serves as the primary office today. And in 1995, May & Company opened its doors to its second location at 1609 Felicia Drive, Tallulah, Louisiana.
May & Company has come a long way since 1922 with four office locations, employing a staff of 35, including 12 CPA’s, and working with clients across the entire country. Our standards are high; our dedication to quality is unbending. The tradition that we share and the reputation that we have is a legacy left to us by professionals with us now and gone before us.
2012 Best Accounting Firms to Work For
May & Company has been named one of the nation’s “Best Accounting Firms to Work For” in 2010, 2011 and 2012 by Accounting Today and Best Companies Group. This award is given annually to identify, recognize and honor the best places of employment in the accounting industry, benefiting the nation’s economy, its workforce and businesses.
2012 Mississippi’s Best Places to Work
May & Company has been named one of “Mississippi’s Best Places to Work” in 2012 by the Mississippi Business Journal. The award is given annually to honor those organizations that invest heavily in their employees and work environment. The investment we make in creating a positive work environment for our team members results in high morale and low turnover, which in turn contribute to the quality service and personal attention our team members provide for our clients.
2009 Best of Business Award
May & Company has been selected for the 2009 Best of Business Award in the Certified public accountant category by the Small Business Commerce Association (SBCA). The SBCA Award Program recognizes the top 5% of small businesses throughout the country.
2009 IPA All-Star Firm
May & Company was named an All-Star firm by Inside Public Accounting. The award honors the 10
most profitable private firms in tax revenue, based on percentages.
Other Significant Awards
- the 2012 Top 40 Under 40, Nathan Cummins, CPA, CITP, from the Mississippi Business Journal
- the 2011 Top 20 Under 40, Jennifer Lynne McMillin, CPA, from the Vicksburg Post
- the 2011 Mississippi’s Best Places to Work, from the Mississippi Business Journal
- the 2011 Best Accounting Firms to Work For, from Accounting Today
- the 2010 Top 20 under 40, Katie Feibleman, CPA, from the Vicksburg Post
- the 2010 Top 40 under 40, H. Riley Nelson, CPA, from the Mississippi Business Journal
- the 2009 Small Business of the Year Award from the Vicksburg-Warren Chamber of Commerce
- the 2009 Top 100 Private Companies in Mississippi by Mississippi Business Journal
- the 2009 Top 20 Under 40, James R. Armstrong, CPA, from the Vicksburg Post
- the 2008 Top 20 Under 40, H. Riley Nelson, CPA, from the Vicksburg Post